Hardened Laser Mineral Lens
Laser lenses are consumables and they need to be cleaned regularly. It is better to use Isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab to remove any grease or glue vapor from cutting your materials. From time to time please replace your lens to ensure the full power of your laser goes to your material.
Using our brass spacer with our lenses will help to prevent the lens from moving without having to glue! It’s a faster and more effective way to keep your lens clean and easier to replace.
This lenses were run for 100 hours on a 20w laser at 100% power to ensure durability.
- Lenses are 1 mm thick
- Please verify that the lens housing diameter is 14 mm
- Silica is used to make these lenses scratch resistant
- Made of hardened mineral glass to resist breakage and be long lasting
- Have beveled edges
- Crystals are flat on both sides
- Easily fit most lasers and can be glue or pressure fitting
- Remove the lens housing from your laser module. If it is glued, soak it in acetone for an hour or two to soften the glue. Push the lens out of the housing.
- If the lens uses a screw lock nut, it will most likely also be glued. Use the same method described above and remove the lock nut to release the lens from housing.
- Add some high temperature silicone or sealant to glue the lens back to the housing. (Do not add a lot, just a little drop will go a long way). This is optional
- Add the lens carefully making sure no glue is on the center of your lens and let it dry according to your glue instructions (Do Not put the housing back on the laser until is completely dry, some glues release fumes and can damage your main lense inside the module) If you didn’t glue the lens skip this step.
- Put your housing back on your module and enjoy. Remember lenses are laser consumables and you need to clean them regularly between jobs.